In late June, we received yet another e-mail from Princess, tempting us to sail with them on their “Classic Canada & New England” 10-day cruise. The “hook” was that we could book a Balcony cabin for the same price as an Ocean view! And this was a “port-intensive” cruise.
WHY THIS CRUISE?
We had only visited a couple of the ports (New York City and Boston) so sailing along New England, then to the Canadian Maritime Provinces, and finally to Quebec City—well, that would remove a few more items from our travel “bucket list.”
We chose the last sailing date: Oct. 7, hoping that the fabled “fall colors” in New England and Canada might enhance the trip.
The cruise just prior to ours had rain, rain and more rain. But us? We boarded the ship in New York harbor under sunny skies, and the sunshine stayed with us for all but the last day, in Quebec City.
Photos? Of course! In photo albums arranged by each day.
Trip Log? Yes, that too. [Full disclosure: it is LONG]
Other Cruises We've Enjoyed:
MORE TRAVEL STORIES
- Alaska, including lesser-visited ports (Valdez, Seward, Kodiak) (2009)
- Hawaii, round trip from Los Angeles (2008)
- Mexican Riviera, San Diego to Acapulco (2007)
- Eastern Mediterranean: Italy, Croatia, Greece, Turkey, (2006)
- Western Caribbean: Belize, Mexico, Grand Cayman Is. (2005)
- Alaska, the Inside Passage (2004)
- The Baltic: Denmark, Sweden, Estonia, Russia, Finland, Germany, Denmark, Norway (2004)
- Mexico, the Sea of Cortez (2003)